Tuesday, June 25, 2024

TMST: Mid-Year Check-In

Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly feature started by the lovely Rainy Day Ramblings, and now hosted by a team of bloggers, Roberta @ Offbeat YA, Karen @ For What It's Worth, Berls @ Because Reading Is Better Than Real Life, Jen @ That's What I'm Talking About, and Linda @ Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell.




Mid-Year Check-In: What books have you loved so far in 2024?

Hello! Excuse me while I get my bearings blogging again! Unfortunately my blogging and reading life have often had to take some hiatuses these past few years, but I've recently been able to push through and set aside some time for both.

I think the only book that I would say I thoroughly enjoyed so far this year was Moon of the Turning Leaves by Waubgeshig Rice. I've read a couple of  other things that were decent, but this has definitely been the standout for me. This is technically a sequel, but I didn't have any difficulty reading it without having read the first novel. The worldbuilding was wonderful and it was inspirational, informative, heartbreaking, and character-driven all at the same time. I would definitely recommend it!


2 comments:

  1. You must read Moon of the Crusted Snow as well if you enjoyed Turning Leaves! It is fabulous. I'm SO GLAD you enjoyed it!!! Makes me soooo excited- one of my favourite authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I was thinking about you! I hope everything's OK. I knew about the first book in the series, but I didn't know there was a sequel...

    ReplyDelete