Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Fifteen Characters I'd Name A Child or Pet After - Book Edition

Inspired by this post from The Broke and the Bookish: Ten Characters We'd Name Our Children or Pets After, this fun topic is part of their Top Ten Tuesday series. This is absolutely perfect because a) I love lists, and b) I have actually thought about this more times than I would be comfortable admitting. It was so hard to pick just ten that not only did I choose fifteen, but at this point I am just going to go with book characters, and will likely do an entirely separate one for those in movies. Here we go!


  1. Jonas - The Giver
  2. Gabriel - The Giver
  3. Eleanor - Ella Enchanted/Sense and Sensibility
  4. Teresa/Theresa - Tess of the D'Urbervilles/Infernal Devices Series
  5. Frederick - Persuasion
  6. Arwen - The Lord of the Rings Series
  7. Morgan - Arthurian Legend/I Am Morgan le Fay
  8. Rhys - The Two Princesses of Bamarre
  9. Ophelia - Hamlet
  10. Robin - The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood
  11. Josephine - Little Women
  12. Dorian - The Picture of Dorian Gray
  13. Aliena - The Pillars of the Earth
  14. Viola - Twelfth Night
  15. Mackenzie - Rose in Bloom


---------------------
What are some names that you would consider for a child or pet? What special meanings do they have for you?

2 comments:

  1. Every time I hear a post about names, I have to pop in and talk about it. Have you ever had to name a pet or anything? I only had one dog before and my parents chose his name, so it's always exciting to think about names I consider for either future children or pets.
    I absolutely LOVE your list. Gabriel is a SUPER popular name where I live and I find it beautiful! I probably wouldn't use it, though, because it's way too common. I also love Morgan as a gender-neutral name. Rhys & Dorian are gorgeous as well.
    Now, Teresa is a name that the fictional character kinda ruined for me, instead of motivating me to use it. My least favorite character in The Maze Runner series was Teresa, and therefore I can't find myself ever thinking about this name without wanting to roll my eyes, hahah.
    Again, amazing list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that about Gabriel - there are some names that I really love but that are too common for me to consider too heavily. They are still in my head, but more likely a middle name. I've named so many pets, haha. I think I've had...like 12 pets in my life? Not including fish. I tend to favour classic English names for them, like Archie.
      It's a shame the name has been ruined for you, but I understand that too. I have so many like that. I'm about halfway through The Scorch Trials right now, so it's funny you would mention that!

      Delete