Saturday, April 11, 2020

February/March 2020 Update

The funny thing about being in isolation during a pandemic...you think you would blog more, right? Nope. It's been very hard to find motivation. So, here's me trying - it's just a little late!

Started Watching:

miraculousladybug.wikia.com

Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir - season 2 & 3, started and finished
I love this show. I would be lying if I said I didn't. They released the next seasons on Netflix, and I watched multiple a day every day until I finished it. I barely paced myself. Yes, I do regret that now...but it was also totally worth it. It's cute and it makes me happy.

netflix.com
Maid-Sama! - started and finished
This one was cute. It took a little bit to get into, but I ended up finding it really fun, and overall relaxing. It switches between two animation styles a lot throughout the whole thing (the regular style, and the chibi style), which is effective in certain areas, but felt a little overdone to me.There were a few episodes that were a bit disjointed (and I was watching those while also playing on my phone), but overall well done. I got through the whole thing in a few days. The best part are the random fourth wall breaks, haha.

screenertv.com
Outlander - season 5
I started the fifth season, but I really wasn't feeling it. I missed one episode and all of my motivation left. I have some of them recorded, so I will likely just have a day where I blast through these, but I'm not sure. I might also just wait until it comes out on DVD. There's nothing wrong with the season (from what I saw...although my friend is further than me, and would disagree!), but I haven't read the book this season is based on, and I don't really care about this period in American history, so it's a double "meh" from me.

netflix.com
Unrequited Love
The Chinese dramas are back! I'm about ten episodes into this, I think? So a little under halfway, and have really liked it. We're getting into rocky territory though, so if it gets too depressing, I'll need to take a break during quarantine! Overall, it's been good though (even if it has brought up some past feelings!)


Finished Watching:


pbs.org
Sanditon - season 1
I adored this. Honestly, I know there are a lot of people who had issues with the ending, but I really feel like that's because it was intended to have more than one season (and not be the actual ending). Unfortunately they cancelled season 2, but I'm rather hoping the North American audience loved it enough to bring it back. Regardless, with or without a second season, I still loved it.

ca.ign.com

Howard's End
Yep, I still hate the ending. I think overall that this version was done really well, and I liked it overall, but the things that bother me about this work (no spoilers) still bother me, regardless of the version. I wasn't sure about that originally, or if it was just because of the adaptation I had watched in the past (Dame Emma Thompson/Sir Anthony Hopkins), but it looks like there is just something about the source material that rubs me the wrong way. So, I think it was good, but I also kind of hated it?

----------------------
I got through a decent amount of things in the past couple of months, so that was nice. Being in isolation for about half of March allowed me to watch a few things, but I haven't actually watched all that much TV or movies. We'll see by the end of April! I hope you are all doing well.

6 comments:

  1. I agree that I haven’t been watched that much tv either. I had a big list of shows planned for quarantine, but I have barely scraped by. I guess that’s a good thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you're keeping occupied and happy, I don't think it matters what we're doing right now. Anything to keep sane! I'm working on finding a better balance now.

      Delete
  2. We've been watching the Korean zombie/fantasy series The Kingdom. Nice, light quarantine television lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh fun! Haha, as long as it's entertaining, who cares? ;)

      Delete
  3. Maid-sama is such a fun anime! I've watched it twice actually! If you like reading manga, I would also recommend it in that medium :)
    Konna @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really liked it! I do like to read manga (I'm working on a series right now), although I don't read it too often. I will check that out at some point - thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete