Thursday, November 1, 2018

October 2018 Update

 Television and movies have took a real backseat in the last half of the month, but the beginning of October had be watching non-stop. Here's what I've been sinking my teeth into this October:

Started Watching:

rottentomatoes.com
The Innocentsstarted and finished
I knew instantly that I would like this one. It has that creepy sci-fi fantasy tilt set in the current world, which I tend to be really into. It's just freaky enough that it's fun, but not so bad that I couldn't watch it at night or that it kept me up. It's only 8 episodes, so if you need a shorter series to get invested in, this is a good bet. I also love that the entire season wrapped up well as a contained package (so I'm not sitting there horrified if it doesn't get picked up for season 2), but there are still enough unsolved things that I would love to see the story progress and for everything to resolve.

variety.com
Frontier - season 1
I've meant to watch this one for a while, but part of me was sort of worried it would be too gory for me. I watch Game of Thrones though, so I have no idea why I was concerned. Anyway, I've only just started this one, and although it starts a bit slow, it seems promising so far. Best part? It's Canadian history come to life...with a twist, of course.




Finished Watching:


sbs.com.au

Meteor Garden - Chinese version
Well that was a wild ride! I really enjoyed this one. Both dramas I've seen with Shen Yue have been super addictive, and I have loved them for different reasons. Also, how adorable did Daoming Si get later? You'll just have to trust me and watch it. Anyway, this is chock full of drama, humor, love, and craziness - it has everything, and is a great one to watch.

Movies:

wexarts.org
Misery
Believe it or not, I had never seen this before! It was one of the few Stephen King stories I was interested in, and I'm glad I finally got to see it. Just twisted enough to be perfect. I love how Rob Reiner directs, and Kathy Bates is always perfect for these kinds of roles, so it really worked. Yes, it has some 90s cheesiness, but I have always loved that, so it has my recommendation for sure. Creepy, but not terrifying, so it's good if you like the creepy psychological movies rather than the jump scare horrors.

Anticipating:

Outlander - season 4

Victoria - season 3

----------------------
There are a few series that I think I might finally start this month, but we'll see how that goes, haha.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Frontier but it looks good! I might have to start watching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first season is only 6 episodes, so it's a quick one to get through

      Delete