Tuesday, April 16, 2019

TTT: Rainy Day Reads

Since I suggested this topic, I figure I have to do it, right? Haha, no I'm super excited that one of my suggestions was picked for this week's Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This one is perfect for April, since it's spring and generally full of rain. So, whether it's books that fit the rainy or stormy mood, or ones that cheer you up out of a weather slump, there are lots of good options for this topic.

Where I'm concerned, I generally gravitate to either one of two types of books when it's all sombre and rainy out: Dark/Gothic, or Sweet and Lovely. With that in mind, my list is going to be split between the two types this week! So, here we go:


Dark/Gothic

1) The Tennant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë

2) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

3) Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier

4) The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare

5) Vampire Knight manga by Matsuri Hino

6) The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde



Sweet and Lovely

1) Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott

2) The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

3) Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

4) Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

9 comments:

  1. I think The Picture of Dorian Gray would make a great rainy day read, and I loved Vampire Knight, too! Oooh, Howl's Moving Castle is a great pick, too! Well, now I want to watch it. xD

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I was writing this, I realized that I want to do a movie version of the list!

      Delete
  2. My favourite rainy day read has got to be The Raven Cycle by: Maggie Stiefvater. It’s always raining or foggy in that book, and it’s part of what makes it very mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books have been on my list since just about forever...I should really get around to them!

      Delete
  3. I've seen Rebecca on a few lists! I've never read du Maurier but I love the Birds!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to get through more of her work because her stories are absolutely amazing!

      Delete
  4. Jane Eyre is definitely something I'd read on a rainy day.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is almost best when it's raining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to the dark and gothic reads!

    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete