Tuesday, April 30, 2019

TTT: Thought-Provoking Book Quotes

Surprisingly, although I absolutely adore quotes, this week's Top Ten Tuesday was a tough one for me. These are a few quotes that I absolutely adore from books that I wanted to share. I will most likely do another post about quotes in the future when I have time to compile a bigger list. Thanks to That Artsy Reader Girl for this week's topic.



1) “She philosophically noted dates as they came past in the revolution of the year. Her own birthday, and every other day individualized by incidents in which she had taken some share. She suddenly thought, one afternoon, that there was another date, of greater importance than all those; that of her own death; a day which lay sly and unseen among all the other days of the year, giving no sign or sound when she annually passed over it; but not the less surely there. When was it?” - Thomas Hardy, Tess of the D'Urbervilles

2) “So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.” - Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

3) “I would die for you. But I won't live for you.” - Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

4) "I would always rather be happy than dignified" - Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

5) "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy." - Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

6) “Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.” - Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl

----------
I'd love to hear some of your favourite quotes!

4 comments:

  1. That first quote sends shivers over you, doesn’t it? I haven’t read any Hardy yet, but he’s on my TBR. And I love that last one, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It absolutely does! It's stuck with me every since I first read it.

      Delete
  2. Yes, you should totally write a followup post to this one. Good job.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete