Tuesday, September 3, 2019

August 2019 Update

August was largely a month of rewatching comfort movies, so although I have watched a few things, I definitely didn't get through as much as I did last month!

Started Watching:


cbc.ca
The Office (US) - season 4
I've watched two or three episodes of this season, and I'm not sure if I'm going to keep going. There is nothing wrong with it, but the episodes are longer, and a lot of the dynamics have shifted...so I'm not very motivated to keep going actively. If it's on, I'll enjoy watching it, but I think I'm done binging this show!

netflix.com
Dark - season 1
To put it bluntly, this show is...well, dark. It's in German, and I personally chose to watch it with in the original German with English subtitles. Only 10 episodes long, this is good if you are looking for a dark science fiction show that is full of mystery and intensity, but also doesn't stretch on forever. Specific, eh? I've watched four or five episodes, and although am enjoying it, I find it a bit heavy to blast through in a few days. Definitely looking forwards to seeing where it goes though. Oh, don't watch this alone at night - trust me.


Finished Watching:

The Office (US) - season 3
I rushed through this season, and really enjoyed it. As said above, I'm not so sure I'll really progress much beyond this though because a lot of things feel resolved for me.

denofgeek.com
The 100 - season 6
Well, we're back to the weird and crazy that I love. This season was wild from start to finish, and I definitely appreciated some throwbacks to earlier seasons. It has definitely come back to the show I had originally enjoyed, and I will be watching the next season for sure.

----------------------
Should I keep watching The Office? Is there something epic that happens that I won't want to miss out on?

6 comments:

  1. I’m glad you enjoyed The 100 season 6! I found it really awesome as well. I mourned the deaths of some beloved characters, but I feel like they were necessary for the plot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely...however the death at the very end, I am expecting will not be as it appears.

      Delete
  2. Dark is definitely a trip. And yes dark describes it pretty well! I just binged S2 and I think my head is reeling- there are SO many characters and storylines to keep track of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited! When I started watching it, no one I knew had seen season two, so I'm glad it sounds like it's worth continuing.

      Delete