Friday, July 14, 2023

July 2023 Update (2)

In an effort to work through a backlog of old posts and remember the things I have actually watched and read, this post was completed roughly a year ago and is being posted now.

--------

In the past several months, I've been focusing on some of my other hobbies, such as painting and working with polymer clay, so my T.V. show viewings definitely haven't been super high! I wanted to update you all regardless, and since it's been months there has actually been a decent buildup of content.

I have been doing a few re-watches as well, but I haven't included them here this time.

So, here are a few things that I've watched:


elle.com

Emily in Paris - S2
Complete fluff? Maybe. But I find this show addictive regardless. I didn't enjoy it quite as much as season 1, but I'm still really looking forward to seeing what season 3 brings us. What a cliffhanger!!

cosmopolitan.com

The Witcher - S2
Love this show. So much. I tried to not blast through it, and actually spread it out...I failed. I started playing the Witcher 3 video game as well and have been completely obsessed. I've heard mixed things about the books, so I am happy to leave it at these two formats for now, but I'm very excited for the next season.

rottentomatoes.com

Arcane - S1
Okay, so I walked into this one with very, very little knowledge about the source material, League of Legends. I really loved this one, but the tone shift a few episodes in caught me so completely off-guard that I had to step away from this one for a little bit (If you've seen it, you know what I mean).  Once I came back to it though, I did really enjoy it. There were a few parts that were a bit confusing with the flow of it, but I did find it really enjoyable and will most likely watch another season if it comes out.

pbs.org

All Creatures Great and Small - S2
All Creatures is the sweet series that has been exactly what I've needed. It has just enough going on to keep you engaged, but at the same time, you know that things are going to be okay in the long run. I don't have to feel stressed watching it, and I get to learn a few interesting things too. Lovely scenery, nice characters that you grow attached to, and all-in-all just a lovely watch. Similar vein to The Durrells, but with less quirkiness, if anyone loved that series as much as I did.

netflix.com

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - S1, S2
This is a show that one of my closest friends recommended to me...a few years ago. I finally got around to trying it out. It was a nice diversion, and I was enjoying it, but it ended up getting too far-fetched and silly for me that I haven't really wanted to continue into the third season.

latimes.com

Bridgerton - S2
Another perfect example of a pure fluff show. I was obsessed with this season, and adored it. I'm reading the first book in the series right now (The Duke & I) as I needed just something mindless on a recent vacation, and this was perfect for the plane. I'll most likely finish it, although I don't know if I'll continue on with reading the series...but definitely will start watching the next season. It's one of those shows where I say..."Is it good?" "No" "Do I love it?" "Yes!"

netflix.com

Castlevania - S1, S2 (started)
Hello gore-fest! Wow. Okay, so I walked into yet another show with no background. Look where that gets you, Shayna! I was interested in the characters instantly, but found the level of gore and violence to be a bit much. I decided to stick with it, slowly, and it has toned down a bit, so I am glad I did. One of those shows where I don't watch it often, nor do I know how much of it I will end up watching, but it's been an interesting experience, and different from my typical viewing habits.

-------

Have you watched any of these shows? Do your television habits fluctuate throughout the year, or stay pretty steady?

1 comment:

  1. I have read the first three Bridgerton books. I plan to pick up the other ones but I definitely prefer the show.

    ReplyDelete