Tuesday, July 25, 2023

TMST Favourite Summer Thing

 Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the lovely Rainy Day Ramblings, and currently assisted by a team of bloggers, Roberta @ Offbeat YA, Karen @ For What It's Worth, Berls @ Because Reading Is Better Than Real Life, Jen @ That's What I'm Talking About, and Linda @ Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell.



What is your favorite thing about summer?

My favourite thing about summer...would have to be the long days. What I love more than anything, is being able to go for walks in the evening, and the long summer days are the perfect time to do that. It's not too cold or too dark, and I can catch the sunset while out for a stroll.

There are so many reasons that I love this season, including the pace of things, and the chance to be outside all of the time. I'm Canadian - I try to avoid being out too much in the winter because of how cold it is! So summer is my beautiful opportunity to soak in as many rays as I can. I love summer activities, and the Olympics, and summery foods and ice cream. I feel like it's a time where I truly come alive. I get motivated to read and write (and blog!) and take part in all of the wonderful hobbies I have that I can barely keep up with it all - and I love that. The long days help me feel like I can accomplish so many more of those things too.

So, although I would say that the long days are my favourite part, it's really so much more than that.

What's your favourite thing about summer?

3 comments:

  1. Walks in the summertime are the best! I also love farmers markets, and just generally being able to go outside with not so many layers on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, farmer's markets! I love going to all of the antique markets and craft fairs too.

      Delete
  2. Alas, I loathe the summer with a passion. The heat drains me (this year it's been especially vicious), I can't go anywhere without sweating rivers, sleeping and eating become chores (I don't have A/C - only fans in every room). And even blogging gets harder! Complete opposites LOL - but I get it, it's different where you live.

    ReplyDelete