Wednesday, February 6, 2019

T5W: Nostalgic Ships

Welcome to Top 5 Wednesday! This is a fun feature that I've wanted to take part in for quite a while now, but I never seem to have enough time. I still don't, but this week's prompt was so great that I had to do it. Top 5 Wednesday is a Goodreads group that you can find here if you want to participate as well. They post all of their prompts for the month, so you can work ahead. Oh and while you're there, follow me on Goodreads!




February 6: Nostalgic Ships
-- Discuss the first fictional couples you ever got butterflies over, or couples you used to be really into when you were younger.
I'm personally going to discuss the first couples I got butterflies over...because I definitely still get butterflies over them now!



1) Ella and Char - Ella Enchanted
Honestly still one of my favourite couples ever. Not only are they so well-matched, they are both incredible people in their own right.

2) Addie and Rhys - The Two Princesses of Bamarre
Both outsiders in a way, and a sort of unusual pairing, but they are so sweet together and each grow throughout the book.

3) Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe - Anne of Green Gables series
Although I have to state that my exposure to them was from the mini-series, they are so great that I can't help but to include them.

4) Winnie and Jesse - Tuck Everlasting
Can I actually be in love with the whole Tuck family? But Jesse is so charming that I fell for him right away.

5) Morgan and Thomas - I Am Morgan Le Fay
The intensity of this pairing! As children the teasing is cute, but as time goes on I love them more and more together.

-------
What are some of your early favourites?

2 comments:

  1. I had to really think about this one! I would say my favourite early ship is Percy and Annabeth from the Percy Jackson series. They had a great slow burn romance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should read those...but it got so hyped up that I lost interest in it unfortunately. Maybe I'll just be super late to the train like I was for The Mortal Instruments, haha.

      Delete