Tuesday, February 5, 2019

TMST: Blogging Misconceptions

Super quick post from me today! Thanks to Rainy Day Ramblings for this week's Tell Me Something Tuesday, which is all about misconceptions you had when starting book blogging. Here's my list:



1) That writing about books would be easy.
2) That developing a style would be something simple to stick to.
3) That it wouldn't be hard to get some followers.
4) That I could post whenever I wanted.
5) That I wouldn't have any issues feeling motivated to read.
6) That I could have a bunch of different types of posts that I would maintain.
7) That I could easily queue a bunch of posts for whenever I needed them.

Alas, not the case! But...that's okay. Book blogging might be different in many ways than I expected, but it's still great.

6 comments:

  1. Those are all valid points! Blogging, especially for reviews and products, isn't always glorious. It takes time and effort. You're right, though, it's still great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terra! It's just a different challenge than expected.

      Delete
  2. Quote: "That I could post whenever I wanted."
    LOL. Whether it's because you want to but you don't have the time, or on the contrary, because you feel like you're SUPPOSED to post even when you're not feeling up to it, this is so real. I used to wing it at first, but I ultimately realised I couldn't. I do know people who hate schedules and end up not writing if they try to force one on themselves, but most of us, I seem to understand, are planners. Which is OK, unless it kills the joy of blogging. If it happens...a hiatus is the only way out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's it exactly. When I find that I'm not feeling up to reviews, I find that I enjoy tags more, or things like TMST, and I take the time to do those more in-depth reviews in the moments I feel like it and just space them out

      Delete
  3. "That I wouldn't have any issues feeling motivated to read."

    Oof, this literally was me when I started. I was reading a lot at the time, and gradually through life, blogging and what not reading hasn't always been a top priority for me, but I know it'll always be part of my life. Which is enough, even if I have to fight a reading slump for months on end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness there are enough ways to blog/things to blog about that I've realized a reading slump won't cripple your blog! Good content is good content.

      Delete