Thursday, May 2, 2019

April 2019 Update

Yay, my semester is done! I have a few weeks with which to read and watch a bunch of stuff, and blog to my heart's content. That's a good thing because May has a bunch of awesome content that I am looking forward to.

Started Watching:

netflix.com
3% - season 2
I only have two episodes left of this season (which is all there is on Netflix so far), and then I will be done. There was a huge shift in the feeling and perspective of this season, so that took quite a bit to get used to. Where last season focused on the candidates in the Process, this season actually takes place before the next year's process. Although I found this interesting (and we get to see a lot of character backstories), I haven't been enjoying it as much as the first season. Still worth a watch, but I'm not as attached to it.

newyorker.com
Game of Thrones - season 8
No spoilers, don't worry. The show "everyone" has been waiting for. Love it or hate it, it's definitely everywhere right now. Unfortunately I am not always able to remain completely up to date with this because my family likes to watch it all together, so that can make being on the internet difficult. I am currently all caught up though, so it's nice to be online right now! Haha. Anyway, I'm not overall impressed yet, but there have been a few stellar moments, so I wouldn't list myself as disappointed. Bit of a deus ex machina type of thing going on for me though. We'll see!


Finished Watching:

gizmodo.com.au
3% - season 1
Oh man, this ended differently than I expected! There were some interesting twists that I didn't expect, and I really enjoyed that. This is the first thing I can think of that I've watched in Portuguese, which is pretty cool. It was a great introduction to Portuguese television for me.


Movies:

cineplex.com
Avengers: Endgame
No spoilers, don't worry! How to even talk about this? First off, I loved it. I know a lot of people might be daunted by the length of it, but it really didn't feel tedious for me. Yes, it felt long, but it felt appropriate and it didn't drag. I think the length was just right - long enough for proper development, but not too long that I was checking my watch. Was it perfect? No. There were definitely things that could have been changed/added to improve a few plot points, but that's me being picky. Honestly, I found it to be intensely satisfying. I was gripping the sleeves of my sweater so much during it, and sweating from how invested I was in what was going on (that's very unusual for me, just saying). It tied up so many years of movies and moments so well, that it ended up being everything I really wanted it to be.
----------------------
Have you seen Endgame yet? Are you avoiding the internet because of Game of Thrones spoilers? Tell me what you've been interested in this month!

8 comments:

  1. I avoid the internet because of Endgame and GoT spoilers lol. The internet is a scary place for a fan girl at this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Endgame was super satisfying!! I cried through the whole second half. Game of Thrones is also awesome and I think my favourite episode is 8x04 so far... I won't spoil anything cause I don't know what episode you're up to so far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I officially disliked about the episode was a moment about 50 minutes or so in that felt random and shocking. I was fine with the content, but I didn't like how jarring the filming was.

      Delete
  3. I feel like EVERYONE is excited about Endgame and GOT but me, lol. Gotta admit I sometimes feel quite left out xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay! There are a lot of things that I couldn't care less about that are popular. So many times there are things book bloggers are talking about that I don't want to read AT ALL.

      Delete
  4. @ Ruzaika: Don't worry - that makes two of us LOL.

    I'm not a movie fan on the whole (TV series are my thing!), and I don't even know why. Maybe it's because I need to get attached to my characters and see them develop week by week. But GOT is not my cup of tea either, because it's a mix of historical and fantasy...both not my thing. Sorry we can't chat about them! LOL.

    So you have a bit of free time on your hands? I'm happy for you! I'm looking forward to your future posts - what are you planning? 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, fair enough. I'm more into movies overall than television...and I love historical and fantasy ;) ah well.
      I have so many half-finished posts, that I'm excited to finally get them out there! I want to get out a few book reviews, some discussion posts (so much is going on in the library world!) and maybe a few Favourite Five lists over the next bit...but we'll see!

      Delete