Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Mini-Reviews: The F Word, The Space Between Us, The Perfect Date

Here are a few things I've been watching for fun that I haven't done a full review for. Let me know if you've seen any of these and what you thought!

wearemoviegeeks.com
The F Word/What If
Now these are the types of roles Daniel Radcliffe shines in! Radcliffe's character is disillusioned with love, and both Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan are both appropriately awkward and dorky together. It's a sweet movie with some offbeat humour that is really great for any day of the week. The main characters both have odd names though, and the movie is definitely quirky, so if you aren't into that, then it's likely not your cup of tea. It's that kind of predictable, but sweet romantic comedy like When Harry Met Sally that can't help but make you smile. The original title is "The F Word," however it was changed in some countries to "What If".

film.avclub.com
The Space Between Us
Although pretty predictable, it's still a sweet movie about two teens both trying to break free from the lives they've been forced into. It has lots of adorable moments and the connection between the two leads is perfect. Asa Butterfield is so, so cute in this, and Britt Robertson is great as a troubled but still good at heart kid. It's a nice movie with a cool concept, and definitely worth a watch if you are looking for something with a little depth but that won't leave you feeling too heavy-hearted.


vox.com
The Perfect Date
Cute enough, but super clichéd. If you adore Noah Centineo, then yes, absolutely watch this because he is just as sweet as ever. However if you are hoping for something a little bit different, then stay far away. It's not my favourite of his works (but that isn't because of him, and simply because the writing and story aren't as strong). I liked it for a movie that I didn't have to think about - it was fun and predictable, but that was fine with me for unwinding after a long day. If you're not into the stereotypical teen rom com, then you will unlikely enjoy this one, but if you like them, then this is a nice watch for the evening.

6 comments:

  1. I really only liked Noah in To All the Boy’s. Everything else he is in seems really cheesy. I just feel like he’s turned into one big cliché himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked him in Sierra Burgess as well, but I have seen some of the other things he is doing and I have 0% interest in watching them. Typecast and a cliché, I totally agree.

      Delete
  2. The Dan Radcliffe movie is called What If in the U.S., and I really do love that one. I love how Dan's in all sorts of different, quirky movies. It's great!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to watch more of his work now - he has a knack for these quirky roles.

      Delete
  3. These all sound fun, but I especially like the sound of The F Word. Definitely a different title haha, but sounds like a good movie!

    ReplyDelete