Wednesday, July 31, 2019

July 2019 Update

July has been another crazy month for me with life! There hasn't been a large variety in what I've been watching, but I did enjoy a fair amount of TV.

Started Watching:


cbc.ca
The Office (US) - season 1, 2, 3
Well, I was rather late to this party, wasn't I? I've seen some episodes of The Office before (both US and UK), but it's been a bit random and sporadic, and only from the first few seasons. After a few friends were talking about it a lot recently, I decided to sit down and try it out from the beginning. Since the episodes are short, it's been a nice way to take study breaks! I don't know how many seasons I'll end up watching (there are nine, I believe), but it's been enjoyable so far.


Finished Watching:

netflix.com
Accidentally in Love - season 1
Although the first few episodes take a bit to get into (as I find with a lot of Chinese and Korean dramas so far), I very quickly became obsessed with this one. It was so lovely and fun. Apparently I've become a sucker for school dramas alongside my already ever-present adoration of friends to lovers and enemies to lovers tropes. Although I've listed it as having finished season 1, that's really because I watched it on Netflix and originally couldn't tell if it would be more than one season...however it won't be based on the ending - a nice, complete package.

The Office (US) - season 1, 2
You don't even want to know how quickly I blasted through these. The first season is super short though...


----------------------
There are a few long running television series I've considered checking out eventually, so tell me your favourites! Once Upon a Time and Westworld are on the list already!

10 comments:

  1. I'm so happy Westworld is on your list- I think you'll love it! I'd also recommend Killing Eve because it's awesome.
    Also, I'm getting Netflix next month! (Finally!!!) I need all your Netflix recommendations so I can binge watch as much as possible!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is some definite screaming occurring on my end. FINALLY!
      My first recommended ones would have to be:
      To All the Boys I've Loved Before (Movie)
      Dumplin' (Movie)
      Frontier (Show)
      The 100 (Show)

      Delete
    2. I've added them all onto my list. I swear, my wrap up for August and September are going to be all TV shows and movies with no books because I'm just going to binge watch for two months straight! XD

      Delete
    3. I'm so excited for you - you'll have to tell me what you like and don't and then I can tailor my recommendations for you.

      Delete
  2. I started watching the office back in 2005 I think, we caught up and then watched each season as it released. It is still one of my favorites. Glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen the Office, which seems weird haha, but I know people who LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might really appreciate some of the humour in it. I don't tend to like goofy comedy, and this fortunately is a good mix.

      Delete
  4. I watched The Office when it was on (and the British version) but haven't seen it since.

    I just finished watching Russian Doll, The boys and a few other shows.

    I'm looking for something new now.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to try recommending something. I just haven't watched either of those, so I don't know too much about them. What else do you like, and/or what sort of thing are you looking for?

    ReplyDelete