Monday, October 21, 2019

An Interview...with Me!

Do you know Clo @ Cuppa Clo? If not, you should - she's lovely! Clo, alongside Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts, runs the event Novel Newcomers, which focuses on new book bloggers. This time, they are featuring book bloggers who started within the past two years - and that's me! 



So, I got the opportunity to be interviewed by Clo and to be featured on her blog. Want to learn more about me? Well, you can read that interview here.

If you enjoy the interview and want to know more, please feel free to post some questions for me below in the comments here and I would love to answer those questions in a future post.

4 comments:

  1. I do have a question...well, two! Why did you decide to drop the biochemist career? What drove you to become a librarian instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very long and complicated story, but in the long run, I was working in both fields at the time. I was not being treated well as a biochemist, as I was in an environment where people would treat you like an idiot and refuse to help you, but then blame you for not doing well. I tried to get out, but could not get proper references, and then didn't have any support from family and friends, and was going to need to uproot my life to progress further.
      I ended up realizing when I was waiting to hear back about that job I had mentioned that I was more upset at the thought of leaving my library job than I was at the thought of not getting that job, and decided that I would stay working in libraries (at least for the present). I still painfully miss science sometimes, but library work definitely allows for more work-life balance!

      Delete
    2. That's a bittersweet story! But at least you still do something that you really like AND have more downtime for your everyday life!

      Delete
    3. There is a silver lining to the cloud, fortunately. But yes, it is bittersweet. Sometimes it's hard to talk about.

      Delete