Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Favourite Five: Movie Musicals as an Adult

A while back I did a list of my favourite movie musicals as a child, however some people were interested in also hearing what my favourites were now. So, I will oblige. The truth is that I've had this post in my drafts since about...forever? I had the hardest time limiting it to just five. If I had to pick musical on their own, and not just movie musicals, I have no idea what I would do. These are my current five favourites (in no particular order)...well, at least the best I can compile them:

variety.com

1) Gigi











filmcomment.com




   2) Yentl













elitedaily.com

3) Rent












bbc.com


4) West Side Story











huffpost.com

5) Gypsy (1962)













-----------
Have you seen any of these? What are your top five movie musicals, or musicals in general?

4 comments:

  1. I love Rent. That musical means so much to me, and I was so happy that the movie kept the original broadway cast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm so glad they were all strong enough on film to portray it as well as they did on stage. Did you know that the film script was written by Stephen Chbosky (Perks of Being a Wallflower)?
      What's your favourite song from the musical?

      Delete
    2. Probably La Vie Boheme. I love how upbeat that song is! I didn’t know Chbosky wrote the screenplay! He is such a talented writer :D

      Delete
    3. Halloween and Out Tonight are mine :) Chbosky just put out his second book, and I'm highly considering reading it even though it is not something I would usually be interested in at all.

      Delete