Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Top Ten Unique Book Titles

Thanks once again to the wonderful blog The Broke and the Bookish who hosts this Top Ten Tuesday series (TTT). Here is my version for this week's installment, but you can see ones by others here: Top Ten Unique Book Titles.




  1. The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler
    I've always thought this was a great title.
  2. Freckle Juice by Judy Blume
    Also see: The One in the Middle is the Green Kangaroo.
  3. There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom by Louis Sachar
    Ah, Louis Sachar...
  4. Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon
    Also An Echo in the Bone, and Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone.
  5. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
    Quite a mouthful, this one.
  6. Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neill
    This title always creates such images in my head.
  7. Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card
    Haunting title, but a great one.
  8. Does My Head Look Big in This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah
    This title is genius, and I love it.
  9. Esio Trot by Roald Dahl
    Hint: It's Tortoise backwards.
  10. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
    There was no way I could forget to include this one!
-----------
What are some of your favourite unique names?

7 comments:

  1. Yep...this titles are marvelous. The only STORY I am familiar with is the The Curious Incident....the story is as great as the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love unusual titles - they make you either want to grab a book immediately, or run in the other direction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things made me chortle :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woa! Those are definitely some unique titles! Great post :D

    ReplyDelete

  5. Freckle Juice sure did have a unique title. I'd never heard of The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things, but that title was pretty amusing and creative for sure.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a copy of Does My Head Look Big in This? on my shelf. Definitely looking forward to trying it out!

    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete