Sunday, November 26, 2017

Bookish Tattoos

Borrowed with permission from Forever Fictional, today I'm going to talk about two things I love - tattoos, and literature! I've always loved both art forms, and have wanted to get some great book and library-inspired tattoos, but the problem is settling on a design. So, here are some of the sorts of tattoos (on the very long list that I have) that I would consider getting:

tattoolit.com
I adore this idea - a tree with which the branches and areas of foliage are individual quotes.

cdn.inkedmag.com
If you know nothing else about me, know that I love Dr. Seuss.



i.pinimg.com
Le petit prince est un livre essentiel, et c'est parfait pour un tatouage. (The Little Prince is an essential book, and it is perfect for a tattoo).


media.bookbub.com
Persuasion is my favourite Austen novel, and this is definitely one of my favourite quotes from it. I would likely only get "You pierce my soul" however.


i.pinimg.com
"I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul" - part of the poem Invictus by William Ernest Henley. This is a favourite of mine for so many reasons, to the point that I actually have it memorized.

tattoosflowersgallery.files.wordpress.com
I love blue roses for several reasons, but one of the most important ones is the reference to The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams. This play is very near and dear to me, and I would love to get a tattoo symbolizing it.


So those are some of the sorts of tattoos I would love to get - but there are so many more! Are there any of these that you would like to get? Tell me some of the ones you'd like to have.

2 comments: