This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic from That Artsy Reader Girl involves Bookish Worlds I’d Want to/Never Want to Live In. Since I did a similar post a while back about Bookish Settings I'd Love to Visit, this time I'm going with Worlds That I Would Never Want to Live In. I'm using both real places (but as they are described in the book) as well as fantasy worlds for this one.
1) Panem - The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
2) Tanakuatua - Web by John Wyndham
It's an island of spiders that learn how to work together like ants. Enough said.
3) England - Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
4) Menzoberranzan - Drizzt Do'Urden books (Forgotten Realms) by R.A. Salvatore
5) The Boat - Life of Pi by Yann Martel
6) Glen Ellyn, Illinois - The Girl Who Owned a City by O. T. Nelson
Since everyone above the age of 12 is dead, I would be, well, not having much luck.
7) Forks, Washington - Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
8) Jurassic Park - Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
9) Middle Earth - Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien
A place where Shelob exists is somewhere I don't want to be.
10) Terrasen - Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- 1984 by George Orwell
- New York in The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury