Friday, June 1, 2018

May 2018 Update

You know how I said May would pick up? Well, May is crazy time at work (through until September), and everything started in April that I was watching and hasn't finished yet. So because of that, I'm including a few movies that I am not planning on reviewing, rather than just television shows.

Started Watching:


bbcamerica.com
Merlin season 3
I've slowed down a bit on Merlin since I've been busy with The 100 and The Handmaid's Tale this month, but I'm still watching it. The plot development is better this season, with storylines carrying forward more than they did in past seasons. Still a nice show to casually watch.

koreandramaland.com
Something in the Rain
This is a sweet little K-drama that I just started watching about two people who have known each other since childhood. As they get to spend more time together, they become closer and closer and fall for each other. I'm only a few episodes in, but really enjoying it. It's nice to find another K-drama I'm liking after having a string of bad ones!


Finished Watching:

express.co.uk
Avengers: Infinity War movie
I was originally going to review this, but I have no clue what I would say without giving out about a thousand spoilers. I did really enjoy it, but it really is one of the more serious (and devastating) Marvel films. So, if you're looking for one of those "feel good, thoughtless, happy ending" films, just...don't. I would avoid it until the next movie comes out and we have a resolution to this painful cliffhanger. So many theories swirling around in my head though.

indiewire.com
Deadpool 2 movie
Ah, what can I say about this one? If you've watched the first film and loved the humour, this one doesn't disappoint. It's sarcastic and bloody and everything you would expect. Slightly more serious than its predecessor, I personally didn't enjoy it quite as much as the original, but it was absolutely worth watching in theatres (two of the three people I went with did enjoy it more than the first though). You have to stay for the credit scenes though, because those are absolutely brilliant, and important for future movies in this series. No, there isn't one at the absolute end of the credits though, just a few in the middle.

Merlin season 2
...although you probably guessed that since I started watching season 3. Perhaps I should change the order of how these posts are done?

----------------------
Not the most exciting month, but it works! I've watched several movies, but I'm still hoping to review them, so watch out for those over the next few weeks. If  you have anything you'd like to see reviewed, or think I should watch just for fun, I'm always open to suggestions!

4 comments:

  1. I still can't believe I've watched Deadpool 2 yet!! I need to watch it soon
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARGH I really need to watch Deadpool 2 as soon as possible- the first one was just brilliant! I also really want to try Infinity War but I'm not sure if it's for me.
    And ooh, I'm glad you're loving Something in the Rain! I really wanted to try it for Jung Hae In but I wasn't entirely sold on it because it felt too...cute? lol. You make me think it's worth it after all! Hope it keeps delivering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit too cute sometimes, and those parts can feel quite repetitive...but I sort of just tune out for a few minutes to get past them because the rest of it is great. I would say that if you aren't into it by the first two or three episodes, then you'll find the rest of it way too cute.

      Delete