Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Series I'd Still Like to Read

Have you ever wanted to read a series for so long that you've essentially forgotten what it was about, and why you wanted to read it in the first place? Or perhaps ones you've wanted to wait to start until the whole series (or most of it) is out? Well, I have built up quite the list of these by now, so here are some of the ones I've been waiting a long time to get into, but still plan on reading (thanks to That Artsy Reader Girl for today's TTT prompt):



1) Gemma Doyle Trilogy - Libba Bray
I'll be reading the first book, A Great and Terrible Beauty, for my TBR Challenge this year

2) The Remnant Chronicles - Mary E. Pearson
I'll be reading the first book, The Kiss of Deception, for my TBR Challenge this year

3) Inkheart Trilogy - Cornelia Funke
I absolutely adored Inkheart when it came out, and asked for the sequel Inkspell for Christmas one year, but it was a couple of years later and I couldn't get into it right away unfortunately. I really want to re-read Inkheart and then finish this series.

4) Anne of Green Gables - L. M. Montgomery
I tried getting into this more than once, and I usually don't make it beyond chapter two for some reason. I absolutely adore the 1985 mini-series (and its direct sequel), so it breaks my heart not automatically getting into the books. I know once I push myself to get through the first bit that it'll be much smoother sailing!

5) The Maze Runner - James Dashner
This book was so overly hyped that I just didn't want to pick it up. After watching the first movie though, I thought the concept was interesting and plan to at least give it a try. The first book, The Maze Runner, is part of my TBR Challenge this year.

6) The Ascendance Trilogy - Jennifer A. Nielsen
The plot for this middle grade series sounds great, but it just hasn't been high on my priority list unfortunately. It doesn't help that I try not to review MG fiction on my blog, which pushes it further down.



7) Legend - Marie Lu
I don't know why I haven't read this really. Perhaps there was too much dystopian fiction going on around at the time and I needed a break.

8) The Falconer - Elizabeth May
I only learned about this novel last year I believe, but it sounds right up my alley. This might be one of the ones nearer to the top of my list.

9) The Original Shannara Trilogy - Terry Brooks
I've actually started the first book, but kept having to put it down. I'm hoping to pick it back up in August and blast through it this summer. My only reservation with this series is that it is soooo long, so I am currently planning on just this trilogy and seeing where I end up after that.

10) The Sword of Truth - Terry Goodkind
I've been interested in this storyline since I saw the Legend of the Seeker series about ten years ago, which is based on these books. I have the first book, Wizard's First Rule, so perhaps that will be part of my TBR Challenge next year.

------------------
What are some series you've been wanting to read for a really long time? Are any of these on your list?

4 comments:

  1. I've read 'inkheart' and I didn't really like it. maybe it's not for me as I have people saying how much they love the series. you might like it more than me.

    I love 'anne of green gables' - I read all eight books and I must admit, the books after book 4 aren't really much about anne and I guess that's why I didn't like them as much. but book 8 is definitely more likable than I thought.

    I'm not interest in the rest of the series you've mentioned here. I read reviews of 'legend', 'the falconer' and the 'maze runner' and knew I wouldn't enjoy them. I really think not all books are for everyone so it's okay not to read them.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of popular books I'm not interested in reading, and I just don't see the point in feeling guilty over them!

      Delete
  2. I'd really like to read the Anne books (love the 80s movies) and someday Mary's series, too. I have the first two books, which feature such pretty covers! Also, Marie's 'Legend' books are on my TBR! Here's hoping you enjoy all of these. :)

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland; my apologies it's taken me so long to return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first thing that drew me to Pearson's books were the covers - they are so lovely.
      And don't worry, if your summer has been as crazy as mine has been so far, I completely understand, haha!

      Delete