Tuesday, June 12, 2018

TMST: Midyear Update

Thanks to the work of Rainy Day Ramblings again, this week's TMST topic is a Midyear Update.



So, I guess the first place to start is that I have now been running this blog for nearly a year and a half (I guess closer to a year and a third?), so I am looking forward to how things go over the next while. Life is general is getting busier, so I don't know what I will have time for, but I am trying to commit to at least one post a week, although lately I am generally doing more than that. My original date for posting was Tuesdays, but since I often like to do Top Ten Tuesday or Tell Me Something Tuesday, I have currently flipped it on over to Fridays. We'll see how that goes.

Alright, now onto the proper mid-year update. My two main goals for this year are my Goodreads Goal and my TBR Challenge, although there are a few other things I do hope to achieve by the end of the year. For Goodreads, I decided for this year to try and get through 35 books. I'm currently at 13, and not far away from finishing two more, so I'm on good track (even though according to where Goodreads thinks I should be I am two behind). Where my TBR Challenge is concerned, well, I'm not doing the greatest (aka failing miserably). I'm supposed to complete 12 books that I chose for this year, and I have completed 2. I am a good chunk of the way through the third one, and I have a few that I think I should be able to finish quickly, so I'm not officially worried, but I really need to pick up the pace. Unfortunately with my schooling at the moment I have weekly assignments, so that is really cutting into my reading and blogging time. My other goals for the year (although unofficial), are these:


  1. Define My Blog.
  2. Work On Blog Pages.
  3. Complete Older Books On My TBR.
  4. Read It, Donate It.
  5. Old Or New, Doesn't Matter.
  6. Actually Work On Draft Posts.
  7. Branch Out With Genres.
  8. Networking.
  9. Short Posts Are Better Than None.
Some of these have been successful so far, such as working on older books on my TBR and choosing books and movies regardless of if they are old or new. Goals such as working on blog pages and donating items haven't really happened yet. I've been pretty poor at updating the pages I do have, let alone making extras. Donating items should happen however when it comes time for our huge community booksale.

--------------
What are your goals for this year, and how are they going? Have you re-evaluated any of them?

6 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to go through my bookshelf and find books to donate or sale. I have a bag already full from one of my cleaning sprees and I really want to do it again because I know I own some books that I don't plan on reading anymore. I'm terrible at updating pages. Every month I try and make it a point to update pages yet I never do so don't feel alone on that front!

    I hope the rest of the year goes smoothly for you!

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get really attached to my books, so I find it really hard to do a purge. The nice thing is that some of the ones I picked to read for this year were either donated to me, or are discarded copies from my public library and therefore I don't have a particular attachment to them and can donate them when I am done.

      Delete
  2. Oof, I know about busyness taking time away from the things you want to do in life. 😭 I'm very behind on everything blogging, including updating everything (which I should really get to because the formatting makes me cry from the Word Pres move).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really would like to make a few changes to the look of my bog and clean it up a little, but when is there time? I don't want to stop blogging for a few weeks just to make it prettier...

      Delete
  3. I love the "Define My Blog" goal, whatever it means LOL. Also: "Short Posts Are Better Than None" made me chuckle. I'm completely and utterly unable to write short posts (except when there's a specific reason for them) AND ESPECIALLY SHORT REVIEWS...but I get it.

    Quote: "I am trying to commit to at least one post a week, although lately I am generally doing more than that."
    I have long ago realised that one post a week is the most feasible goal I can set for myself. Anyway, it's a starting point - so anything one is able to do past that mark is a great accomplishment!

    Good luck on your list! It's definitely doable, so don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely can't write short discussion posts! TMSTs mean I have an excuse to ramble, which I love!
      I ran out of time to add in what each of my earlier goals meant, but feel free to check them out here: https://clockworkbibliotheca.blogspot.com/2018/01/top-ten-bookish-goals-for-2018.html

      Delete