Monday, July 30, 2018

July 2018 Update

July, oh July...what a weird month. In one sense it took absolutely forever, and in another it completely flew by! My classes are now officially done for the semester, and I get a chance to relax for a little while. Work is insane, but it is also slowing down now (well, after next week). I didn't watch tons this month, but overall the things that I watched were great.

Started Watching:

hellomagazine.com
Great British Bake-Off season 8

Although I have avidly watched past seasons of this, three of the main four cast members have been replaced this time, and I don't know how much I'll be watching. The new hosts just don't have the same flair, and the newest judge seems fine, but I haven't had any chance to feel connected to her. Paul is still the same though - good ol' Paul. Well, we'll see.

storyenthusiast.com
This is My Love (My Love Eun Dong) started and finished
This was AMAZING. Full disclosure though: if you are not into obsessive guys or pining, then just stay away. Yes, it got a little bit much at some points, and I totally would have yelled at the male lead...but I loved it. This goes through three different ages of the characters, and the middle age of the female lead is played by the same person that was in the last K-Drama I watched, One Last Time. Yet, it was wonderful and heartbreaking, and I wanted to cry almost right away. So worth a watch if you are into intense love stories.



Finished Watching:

babyology.com.au
The Handmaid's Tale
Disturbing and devastating - just as it should be. I haven't been as into this season as I was the first one, but it has still been well done enough for me to watch it every week. I did miss most of one of the last episodes due to some cable problems, but I've caught most of it. I have the book as part of my TBR Challenge this year, so hopefully I get the chance to finally read it (only been planning to read it for 8 years or so now!).

Looking Forward To:

Mamma Mia 2 : Here We Go Again
I was meant to go see this over a week ago, but my final assignments and crazy work schedule got in the way. Hopefully I get to see it soon. I haven't actually heard any feedback as to how it is, so if you've seen it, let me know!

Outlander season 4
I feel like I have been stuck on the fourth book, Drums of Autumn, for about a decade, so I'm hoping that starting this up will help me push through the book. There is nothing wrong with it, but nothing is really happening which makes it extremely easy to put down and forget about. I'd love to finish the series, but I don't know if I can. At minimum I want to get through this season and this book, and then I'll go from there. Excited to see Maria Doyle Kennedy join the cast!

----------------------
I took a break from Merlin this month, but over the last few days I have watched a couple of episodes again. I am not entirely sure I'm going to finish the show because there just doesn't seem to be enough going on to warrant it. I don't dislike it, but I don't feel really compelled to continue. I have a few episodes left to finish the season, and then I might end it there. Who knows though?
My hold for The Kissing Booth came in a couple of days ago, so I should be able to finish that post soon - yay! I'm actually pretty excited about that post, but it's been several weeks so I know I'll need to go over a few details to neaten things up. In a few weeks The 100 will be done as well, and as it is the final series I am currently watching, I will need to start something new up. I've had a bunch of things on my Watchlists for a while, but nothing is really sticking out to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated as always.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Mamma Mia 2! It's more mature and sad at times compared to the first one but it's still as feel-good as always. I'm sure you'll love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete