Monday, September 3, 2018

August 2018 Update

This August I have mostly been focusing on my reading, and haven't really been watching much in the way of television. So because of this, I'm including movies in here as well that I won't be reviewing in depth.

Started Watching:


cdn.pastemagazine.com
Medici : Masters of Florence - gave up on
I didn't give up on this series because it was bad. I simply just forgot about it. I got through the first episode (or was it two?), and intended to keep going, but I didn't remember I had even been watching it after about two days. The volume quality was poor, and the plot was rather slow to begin with. I don't necessarily recommend it or discourage watching it, but I don't plan on continuing it so far. If you've seen it and think I should give it a second chance, let me know.



Finished Watching:


culturess.com
The 100 season 5
The ending to this completely messed me up. It went in a widely different direction than I expected. Overall I actually found this season to be a disappointment, but the ending was incredible. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to stick with the series because I find it is losing some of its quality (for me), but I'm currently planning on watching season 6.

Movies:

To All the Boys I've Loved Before
I've never read the book series that this is based on because it always looked a bit too girly, but when I saw the trailer for the Netflix movie I decided to give it a try. I've been getting into these sorts of movies lately, and really ended up enjoying it. I don't know that I'll have the chance to read the books, but I'm glad I got to experience the story.

Marjorie Morningstar
I've been meaning to watch this one for a while and finally got to it about a week ago. I'm a huge Natalie Wood fan, and this one didn't disappoint. If you love movies such as Splendor in the Grass or Brief Encounter, you might want to check this one out. Also good if you love Gene Kelly!

Send Me No Flowers
Cute film starring Doris Day and Rock Hudson with Tony Randall in a supporting role, this is a light and funny film. It's perfect for watching in the afternoon. Although it's predictable, it's still a fun one. I enjoyed their other film Pillow Talk better though, so if you've seen this one and liked it, that is a definite winner.


----------------------
It's been a slow media month for me, and I still haven't been able to watch Mamma Mia 2! Oh well! Have you been watching any of these? What did you think?

6 comments:

  1. I really want to watch To All the Boys I've Loved Before but, dammit, I don't have Netflix!! The books are amazing, you should definitely read them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever come to Canada, you can binge on mine for 3 straight days, okay? Haha

      Delete
    2. XD definitely. I've been to Canada before and it's beautiful (but not as beautiful as Netflix ;)

      Delete
    3. That's awesome! What area were you in?

      Delete
    4. We went to Vancouver for a couple of weeks. It was stunning!

      Delete
    5. I went to B.C. last year and I fell instantly in love.

      Delete