Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Blog-Along: Begin Again

I love doing blog-alongs. I don't know if anyone actually likes reading them, but they are super fun, and essentially my pure snarky, sarcastic, and silly thoughts about a movie. For the best experience, watch the film with me and read along! However if you don't have a chance to watch it while you read, please be aware that there may be a few mild spoilers. Although I try to edit them, and I avoid anything too massive, unfortunately there are some from time to time. Today's movie, Begin Again, is one that I've wanted to watch for a while and finally got around to. Enjoy!

elizabethtai.com
  • Keira Knightley starts singing almost immediately - is that her real voice? I think so...
  • Oh Hailee, not a good look on you dear.
  • Mark Ruffalo, you are an epic mess. And it keeps getting worse. Nice message to send to your daughter.
  • I love watching this. You get to see and hear his musical arrangement at work. Each instrument moving just with his mind.
  • Aw, nerdy Adam Levine was her boyfriend!
  • I love Gretta's fashion sense here. So great.
  • "How do you get up there?" "I vault". I really want to see James Corden do that, haha.
  • Now I really need to Google if that's her real singing voice...and it is.
  • Dirt 'stache and beanie. No Adam, no.
  • Well, I didn't see that coming quite like that.
  • Ceeeeeeeeee Lo.
  • Gretta and Violet together are just perfect. So insanely cute.
  • "And I turn into a..." Ruffalo, you have no idea how much I wanted you to say "Hulk." So disappointed.
  • Hmm...essentially recreating his first date with his ex-wife with her...is there romance in the air?
  • That has got to be the loudest music in the world to drown out a club. Seriously people?
  • LOOK AT HOW HE IS LOOKING AT HER.
  • Give it up for Violet! Amazing guitar skills girl, we knew you could do it.
  • You want her to remix a couple of tracks? Oh dude, you just don't get it.
  • ARRRRRGH!
  • Wow. So much yes.
Final Thoughts:
Okay, so I really liked this one. It was a nice movie for an evening that doesn't take too much thought, but provides just enough emotional content for you to connect with it. The chemistry between the cast was great, and everyone really connected just the way they should. Although it was a bit cliché, it didn't feel cringy, and it didn't end in the way I was expecting it to. I would have liked it to go on a little longer to get a bit further development out of the whole thing, but an enjoyable movie with some good music, and definitely worth a watch if you like movies with a slight indie feel.
EDIT: I realized that I didn't use time stamps for any of this, my apologies. I will do my best to add them in for my next blog-alongs to make them easier to follow.

2 comments:

  1. I've never even seen this movie but it was a fun post! Kiera Knightley and Mark Ruffalo are such great actors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm always worried no one will enjoy these, but they are really fun to write.

      Delete