Tuesday, September 18, 2018

TMST: Fall Reading

Just a quick post from me this week for Rainy Day Rambling's Tell Me Something Tuesday. I'm talking this time about what I love about fall reading.


My favourite times to read are without a doubt in the summer and fall. The summer is good because the light is great, the days are long, and you have this extra motivation to do things...but reading is the one thing that doesn't make you sweat.



Fall, on the other hand is fantastic because it is cozy. Curling up in a big sweater or under a thick blanket with a cup of tea just screams autumn. Add in a good book is the ultimate comfort. The weather is still mostly good enough to read outside until we get into the latter half of the season, yet it's not so nice out that you want to spend the whole thing outside in the sun. This means that thick books can be wonderfully devoured.

It's one of the least limiting seasons for me with book content as well. I can read something light or something intense. I don't like reading depressing books in the winter, and I often can't read something too intense in the summer, but fall doesn't feel like that for me.

-----
What is your favourite season for reading?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a mood reader or a seasonal reader, so it's not like I have a favourite reading season, or favourite books for a certain season. I don't even have an outside place where I can read, like a garden (which I probably would avoid anyway, because I'm a beloved target of mosquitoes LOL). I just...read. Boring, I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do it consciously, actually! But I suffered through some serious depression at one point when I was reading a depressing book during the winter, and not only did I have to put it down because of this, it made it hard to pick up other books for a while. So because of this, I try to not pick up anything at those times that might trigger a similar response. But otherwise I really don't consciously decide on beach reads for summer, etc.
      And I'm one of the only people in my family who isn't a gourmet mosquito meal ;)

      Delete