Wednesday, March 6, 2019

February 2019 Update

Life has been a bit nuts, but I'm trudging along! Apologies for the lateness of this post, but here it finally is! A very slow month for television, but not a bad one for movies.

Started Watching:


bbc.co.uk

Poldark - season 4
I definitely had to slow it down with this season, but I'm about halfway through it now. It's changed quite a bit in terms of mood, but I do still really like it. I'm curious to see where the final season will go.


Finished Watching:

Poldark - season 3
Duh. So, so good. There are some questionable (or just plain bad) moral decisions which are frustrating, but I really love how they've done this. I'm thinking I'll at least try reading the first book eventually.

Movies:

February is a wonderful, wonderful time for movie watching. Not only is it so freezing and dreary that you don't want to be outside, and the light is so bad that reading is hard, but it when the fantastic feature "31 Days of Oscars" occurs on Turner Classic Movies (TCM).

What's this? Well, for 31 days (it ends in March), this channel features movies that have either won, or been nominated for Oscars - and there are several each and every day. I go through their schedule and literally plan out when I am going to be home to work in some of my favourites, and some new ones I have been wanting to see. Yes, that is how far the obsession goes. Although I didn't do nearly as well as I hoped to, and have sometimes done in the past, I still got through some great movies. I'm not going to go into detail about them, but if you'd like a longer review on any of them, please let me know.

Here's what I watched:
Blackboard Jungle
Wuthering Heights
A Nun's Story
Agnes of God
Doctor Zhivago
Marty
Ivanhoe
The Way We Were
A Star is Born (1937)
Anastasia

Other:
I got a bunch of awesome new books and movies that I am super excited about. School and work have been crazy busy, but I just have to get through the next month and a half and then I can concentrate on blogging more. You know what I really need to get through the stress? I think a new K-drama is in order! Any recommendations? K-dramas, C-dramas, or anything fluffy is appreciated.

----------------------
What have you been up to this past month? Have you watched any of these shows or movies?

6 comments:

  1. I have never seen the movie Anastasia but I LOVE the musical! Looks like you watched some great movies this month :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently heard some of the music from the musical, and I'm now super excited to check it out. I'll hopefully get to do that soon. It was an awesome month for movies - I definitely needed them as a break from schoolwork.

      Delete
    2. Anastasia is super cool! Both the movie and musical are amazing! :)

      Delete
    3. With two glowing reviews, I definitely have to check out the musical now.

      Delete
  2. Better late than never! ;) Good luck with school and work - just a few more months! If you're a fan of Boys Over Flowers, I recommend Meteor Garden on Netflix that is a reboot from the Taiwan version. (Especially if you enjoy enemies to lovers in a school setting.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I love Meteor Garden! I watched it a few months ago and was completely obsessed. I know about Boys Over Flowers, but haven't actually watched it. Would you recommend it if I have already done MG?

      Delete