Friday, May 31, 2019

May 2019 Update

May was definitely an intense month for television...I think I need some happier things for June, don't you?

Started Watching:


denofgeek.com
The 100 - season 6
I was a bit worried about whether or not I would keep watching this show, but it's looking like it has gotten a decent revival with the change of scenery this season. It's still pretty early on, but I'm liking it so far. I definitely don't feel desperate to watch the episodes the second they come out, but I am watching them within a few days, and am looking forward to them. If you're into basic sci-fi and dystopians, I would check this series out. It is also inspired by a book series, but they are only very loosely related to each other. The series came out before the first book was published, so it is only based on the characters and the concept, but most of the plot differs.



Finished Watching:


netflix.com
3% - season 2
Not as good as season 1 overall, but there were definitely some crazy twists that kept me engaged. The best part about this is that season 3 is supposed to come out June 7th, so I won't need to wait very long to see what happens next!

newyorker.com
Game of Thrones - season 8
Wow, what can I even say? Whether you loved how they handled this season or completely hated it, it was definitely a wild ride. It's crazy to think about the fact that it is over. Yes, I know spin-offs are being talked about, but it isn't the same thing. I am still hoping to read the books, but I'm waiting until The Winds of Winter is released before I begin. I can wait for A Dream of Spring, but I don't want to be stuck waiting for both novels midway through.

----------------------
If you're a Game of Thrones fan, tell me what you thought of this last season! Not a Game of Thrones fan? Tell me what you've been watching this month!

6 comments:

  1. Omg I love The 100! It’s an epic show with some really lovable characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, someone else who loves it! This season is nuts!

      Delete
  2. I totally had mixed feelings over the final season of GOT- though, I liked where Sansa and Arya ended up XD I'm really considering reading the books to just see it (especially Dany's character arc) at a slower and more natural pace.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to read the books, but I don't want to even pick them up until at least Winds of Winter is out...with two books still being unfinished, I want to know there is a chance of an ending before I get invested. I had mixed feelings about the ending as well, but some characters definitely got the ending that was right for their character arcs.

      Delete
  3. I've seen so much about the GoT season 8 finale that I feel I know enough about it now to strike up a conversation, at least ;) Did you like what they did with Dany's character? Hope June brings you even better TV experiences! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and no. I definitely think that based on how the show was portraying her that it was how I wanted things to go eventually...but I think it went a little too quickly. We definitely could have used a little more foreshadowing for it.

      Delete