Tuesday, May 7, 2019

TTT: Characters That Remind Me of Myself

Unfortunately, even those these have been awesome topics for me lately, I've had to rush through these lists. Thanks to That Artsy Reader Girl for this week's topic, today we're talking about characters that remind you of yourself. Here are some that automatically come to mind (for various reasons).





1) Jane Eyre - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
2) Ella of Frell - Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
3) Anne Elliott - Persuasion by Jane Austen
4) Elinor Dashwood - Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen
5) Arya Stark - Game of Thrones show (because I've only watched the show)
6) Morgan le Fay - I am Morgan le Fay by Nancy Springer
7) Pocahontas - Disney's Pocahontas
8) Jace Wayland - The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
9) Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy - Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
10) Grace Emberly - Frontier show

15 comments:

  1. The characters I relate to the most are Lara Jean from the To All the Boy’s series by Jenny Han and Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Both are kinda awkward, introverted girls and I just totally relate to their awkward moments lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! The funny thing is that although I can think of myself as awkward, many of my co-workers don't seem to think of me that way most of the time. Heck, I laugh when they are shocked to hear that I am extremely introverted!

      Delete
  2. I haven't come across most of these characters, but the ones I relate to the most are Lara Jean (from To All the Boys I've Loved Before) and Janna (from Saints and Misfits). They were so refreshing to read about and I loved them to bits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After watching the movie for To All the Boys, I want to read the series now! I'm sure I'll love Lara Jean.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, Jane Eyre is a good choice!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's the first book character that I actually attached myself to, almost viciously. I had felt connected to other characters before, but none as much as her.

      Delete
  4. I love that you're like Arya Stark XD Remind me never to get on your bad side xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I legitimately laugh with glee sometimes at things she does. That's probably frightening...
      Nah, but I've always been the girl wanting to take part in "boy things," and a lot of her reactions like the cool demeanor and revenge ideas is how I would act in her situations. I also always kind of wanted to be the assassin characters when younger :P

      Delete
    2. Well, the assassins are always the best characters so I don't blame you XD In terms of Game of Thrones, I'm probably most like Sansa so that works out well ;)

      Delete
    3. XD do you have any Littlefinger figures we can take down epically?

      Delete
    4. Not yet, but if either of us do, I see a transatlantic flight in our future, haha.

      Delete
  5. Interesting and unique choices up there. I don’t even know how I would answer this question. I think I totally relate to Scarlet in Gone with the Wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost didn't do a list because I found it to be a tough one to answer. Ooh, that's a great pick!

      Delete