Tuesday, October 23, 2018

TTT: Best Literary Villains

Quick post for me this week! Thanks to That Artsy Reader Girl for highlighting the evil fictional characters right before Hallowe'en! I chose to focus on literary classics, because there are some truly delightful villainous characters in those stories. Here is my list of...thirteen!



1) Mrs. Danvers - Rebecca, by Daphne DuMaurier
2) Alec D'Urberville - Tess of the D'Urbervilles, by Thomas Hardy
3) Mr. Brocklehurst - Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Brontë
4) Morgan Le Fey - Arthurian Legend
5) Cathy Earnshaw - Wuthering Heights, by Emily Brontë
6) Henry Crawford - Mansfield Park, by Jane Austen
7) Lord Henry Wotton - The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde


8) Nicholas Skinner - Black Beauty, by Anna Sewell
9) Magua - The Last of the Mohicans, by James Fenimore Cooper
10) Miss Minchin - A Little Princess, by Frances Hodgson Burnett
11) Miss Havisham - Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens
12) Mr. Wickham - Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
13) Napoleon - Animal Farm, by George Orwell


10 comments:

  1. Mrs Danvers is on my list this week too. She creeps me out. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listened to Rebecca on audiobook - now THAT was creepy!

      Delete
  2. This is a most excellent list of classic villains, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was hard to narrow it down to even 13.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes to Morgan Le Fey! Great list this week.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you did 13!

    Alas, even for the books here that I read, I don't remember them well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I was having a hard time narrowing it down, but then I realized it was the perfect number for this list.

      Delete
  5. Ooh, I like that you chose classics! I’ve actually read most of these. I agree with Mrs. Danvers. She’s so creepy.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge classics nerd, so it was too tempting to pass up!

      Delete