Thursday, October 4, 2018

September 2018 Update

Sorry this post is a bit late! It's been a really wild few weeks for me. First of all, I got a new job that I am trying to get used to, and I started a new semester of school. So I've been watching episodes of TV a lot during breaks. Here's what I've been watching:

Started Watching:

delightfullyamazing.com
A Love So Beautiful - started and finished
My first Chinese drama, and what a way to start things off! I finished all 24 episodes in about 3 days...because I am insane. It's a sweet story about a long unrequited love that follows its characters through high school and college. Relationships change and grow, people go in different directions, and life isn't perfect. But, it's cute and happy overall, with just enough to give you all the feelings and get you totally addicted.

cbc.ca
The Great Canadian Baking Show - season 2
What a quirky bunch this season! I have a feeling this is going to be a funny group. We're not far into this season, but I like it just the same. I don't care one way or another about the two judges, but the hosts are fun (which is lacking in the new British version).



sbs.com.au
Meteor Garden - Chinese version
My second Chinese drama...and with the same female lead. This was sort of an accident, in all honesty. I had saved it to my list on Netflix because the story sounded interesting. Later I realized she was in it. Then, when I went to choose something else to watch, I had forgotten she was in it and picked it.
mykawartha.com
Still Standing - season 4
Jonny Harris is exactly who you want to represent Canada. He's about as Canadian through and through as they come, and I love it. Going throughout Canada, highlighting the triumphs and struggles of small and quirky towns, this show is a treasure. He is both humorous and respectful, and I really enjoy watching him. I haven't watched every episode of the previous seasons, but I watch this quite regularly when it's on.


Finished Watching:


...Nothing? I can't think of any shows I finished this month other than A Love So Beautiful. It was a strange September.

Movies:

vulture.com
Sierra Burgess is a Loser
I loved how this was based on a favourite of mine, Cyrano de Bergerac (super underappreciated). Now, although this movie has come with a lot of criticism (and I totally understand why), I really enjoyed it. Spunky and intelligent, Sierra is perfectly confident in who she is. Yet, unlike many of the stereotypes seen in movies and films with these sorts of characters, Sierra isn't weird, depressed, or painfully shy. She is normal, but original, and it is extremely refreshing. Noah Centineo is adorable, Shannon Purser is gorgeous (although perhaps unconventionally so), and Kristine Froseth is perfectly believable at both ends of her acting spectrum. The adults are also star-quality, with a humorous and sarcastic teacher to intellectual (but not patronizing) parents.

----------------------
P.S. Sorry Chloe, I wrote about Netflix again. But I'm jealous you get to go to the West End! Maybe we can call it even?

1 comment:

  1. I really want to watch Sierra Burgess is a loser!! Jealousy!!
    .... fine, we can call it even :p XD

    ReplyDelete