Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Blog-Along: Pilgrimage

Blog-Alongs: my thoughts about a movie as they happen, with minimal editing. Yes, this is my opportunity to be snippy and sarcastic and tell you exactly what I think.
How Do I Read This Post?: However you'd like! You are more than welcome to just read it as is, or you can watch the movie and follow along. I've included rough timestamps so you can check back in when you're watching. There are usually a few mild spoilers in these, but honestly, I am super careful to not spoil anything crucial. Regardless, however you decide to participate in this post, I hope you enjoy it.

rogerebert.com


  • 2:30 - Ugh -Aaaah! Noooo. What a way to start! I was half covering my eyes.
  • 13:20 - Well you know, maybe incurring the wrath of God isn't the best plan? Just my two cents.
  • 17:13 - I mean, I wouldn't say you're likely to be a murderer, but refusing to say a word, standing alone in the wild, half-naked with scars and a religious tattoo, doesn't exactly make you seem not like a murderer.
  • 19:10 - Nope, nope, I do not like this. "Oh, let's ignore the advice and beliefs of the people who have lived here for hundreds of years even though I've been here five minutes."
  • 20:09 - Oh good, a dead goat. I feel so comforted now.
  • 26:53 - Well that explains the screaming...
  • 31:37 - I didn't know what to expect of the relic, but I didn't think it was going to be that.
  • 42:18 - Geez, these people really enjoy pinning animal carcasses to things...
  • 43:10 - Annnnnnd everyone dies! Just kidding. Oh wait...
  • 46:38 - Ew. Are you making schnitzel?
  • 55:18 - Dude, your priorities aren't great. Just saying.
  • 57:03 - Oh my God! I did not see that in the cards.
  • 57:56 - Or that.
  • 101:39 - Please tell me that isn't for eyes.
  • 111:19 - How to Get Yourself and Everyone in your Group Murdered by Father Geraldus. Not as snappy a title as "How to Train Your Dragon," but it will do.
  • 120:33 - Can someone please kill him already?
  • 126:23 - BADASS!
  • 129:00 - Woah.

Final Thoughts:
What I didn't expect was for a large portion of this movie to feature subtitles. Well honestly, I didn't really know much of anything walking into it. I gathered from the title and knowing the time period that it would have periods of violence, although I expected larger battles instead of more intimate fights. Although it was an interesting movie, I wasn't really a big fan of it. I'm glad I watched it (because it certainly is a relatively unique experience), but I didn't feel like there was enough development for me to really get invested in the whole thing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I've nominated you for The Blogger Recognition Award! To learn more visit my post about it :)
    https://bookstune.blogspot.com/2019/07/the-blogger-recognition-award.html

    ReplyDelete