Tuesday, July 2, 2019

June 2019 Update

In terms of television, June has been an exceptionally slow month. Thankfully I had a bunch of posts lined up, because I did almost no blogging near the end of the month!

Started Watching:

netflix.com
Accidentally in Love - season 1
Yes, I started another Chinese drama. Actually, I'm taking a break from watching it right now to finish up this post. So, this is one that I had saved as one to watch, but like many, I don't recheck why I had picked it before I started watching...and it's very much like Meteor Garden and A Love So Beautiful. Does that mean I am bored? Nope. Does that mean that I am already obsessed with it? Absolutely. I didn't have much hope for it in the first episode or two, but by the third episode I knew that I was going to adore this one. I'm about a third of the way through, and am having a great time.



Finished Watching:


Nothing! I am still watching The 100 though!


Other: 

So...what have I been up to?
I did watch quite a few movies, but I'll be reviewing them (either in full, or in mini-reviews) so keep an eye out in the near future for those!

A big priority this month for me was reading. I've been having a great time blasting through some books I was really looking forward to. That means I have been working on books not only for my TBR Challenge, but also ones that I simply just wanted to read.

I went on vacation! I went to the Maritimes, and it was lovely. I relaxed, went for walks, spent lots of time on the water, took a bunch of photos, and enjoyed some gorgeous seafood.

I bought my first home! I won't be moving for a few more weeks, but there has been quite a bit of running around to get everything sorted.

As you can tell, it's been a busy month, but it's been great. I'm trying to not take a hiatus at this time, but I might have to take a week or two off as things progress. Hopefully I can at least post a few opinion pieces (there are some things I would love to talk about in the library and book-blogging world!) even if I don't have time for reviews.

----------------------
Can we just briefly discuss that apparently The 100's Eliza Taylor and Bob Morley are married? If you are screaming as much as I am about this, please comment below!

9 comments:

  1. I really want to go to the Maritimes! It looks so beautiful and I definitely want to explore more of Canada than I have already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen Newfoundland yet, but otherwise I have had a chance to tackle the other three provinces out east. It's very relaxing out there!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the house! Hope everything goes okay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Accidently in Love! It's so cute and has the perfect dynamics. It's one of my favorite dramas. Have fun finishing it!

    I love your blog! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have a couple of episodes left now! I think you might really enjoy A Love So Beautiful - it's one of my favourites, and it is also really sweet and takes place at school as well.
      Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  4. Ah, the mythical vacation! I hadn't read this post yet when you commented on mine. And I didn't know about the house! Congrats! Is it a city house or is there some nature around?

    Looking forward to those opinion pieces! I'd bet that, as a librarian, you have lots of juicy stories to tell...😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's in the city, but I'm near a couple of parks and a river, so there is also still quite a bit of nature around. It's a really nice area without too many people.
    Oh man, the stories...people don't even believe me half of the time! We used to keep a book in the department tracking weird situations (not mentioning the customers of course!) but it went missing a couple of years ago. So I'm definitely looking forward to sharing some crazy moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of both worlds then! It sounds really nice.

      Haha, I have a librarian Twitter friend, so I'd definitely believe you! Please share!

      Delete