Friday, March 2, 2018

February 2018 Update!

Well, it's been a month of TV for me it seems! I've started a few new series and finished up several. Things have been pretty busy with work and school, so I haven't been reading too much, but it's nice to take a break and wind down by watching an episode here and there. Unfortunately with all of that, I'm pretty behind on my TBR Challenge, but I expect that I will be able to catch up in the spring, so I'm not too worried yet. So, without further ado, here's what I've been up to in February:

Started Watching:


miraculousladybug.wikia.com
Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir
Yes, I started watching a children's show...and I loved it. It's cheesy, repetitive and predictable, but it's basically a modern Sailor Moon in Paris. I quickly got hooked on it, and I can't wait until season 2 is translated and on Netflix.

mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei.wikia.com
The Irregular At Magic High School
I'll be honest, I don't know if I'm going to finish this series. There are some interesting things about it, but it can also be downright creepy. If sibling relationships that are uncomfortably close and intimate bother you, then don't even consider this one for a second. If you can get past that, it has some interesting plot points. I don't think it's overly well explained though, so you kind of have to get over a few things to watch this one.



dramabeans.com
Scarlet Heart: Ryeo
My first Korean drama! I'm about halfway through this one, but I got immediately caught up in it. It has some quirks to it, but that's what makes it charming. I was surprised by just how obsessed I was with this show right away. Shoutout to Ruzaika at The Regal Critiques for suggesting it.



Finished Watching:


behindthevoiceactors.com
Vampire Knight Guilty (Series Conclusion)
Although I do wish that they could have waited to make this until the entire series came out, I did really enjoy where they went with it. I had previously watched several episodes of the first season, but I had never watched Guilty (season 2) until now, and really enjoyed it.

tvequals.com
The 100 Season 4
I wasn't the biggest fan of season 3, and found it overall to be the weakest of the series. That being said, I was worried about how season 4 would go and if it would pick up. Luckily things got better, and I really enjoyed this most recent season. I honestly put off watching several of the episodes because I didn't want to be done the series. Now I just have to wait until April to start season 5.

Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir Season 1
So cute.

kpbs.org
Victoria Season 2
Lovely season once again. I didn't like it quite as much as season 1 (which focused a lot more on romance and independence, while season 2 was much more about politics and balance), but I still really loved it. Everything about this series is done so beautifully, from the costumes to the music, the sets, and the acting. I will definitely keep watching this series.


Special Purchases:

shadowhunters.wikia.com
Pre-Ordered Queen of Air and Darkness Cassandra Clare
I mean, is anyone surprised I ordered this one? I got a discount for pre-ordering it, so I figured I might as well do it now. If only I didn't have to wait until December...anyone want to give me an ARC? No? A girl can dream.



So what's next? Well, I'm looking for a new television show to watch, so please don't hesitate to send me your suggestions. I am still watching a few things (Scarlet Heart: Ryeo, and perhaps finishing The Irregular At Magic High School), but since I like to watch a few things at the same time, I would definitely like another option. I like to be just enough into another season by the time that I finish one so that I don't feel like gaping hole in my life when it is done. Some things I am considering:

The Crown
The Shannara Chronicles, Season 2
Frontier
This Is Us
Violet Evergarden
The Paradise
The OA

Let me know what you think I need to watch next, whether it is from this list, or a new suggestion altogether! My only real limits are that I need to be able to access it on Netflix, Hoopla, or that it is out on DVD and I can get it from the library.

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't seen any episodes of the 100 but it's been on my to-watch list for ages!
    And, Gods, the wait for Queen of Air and Darkness is too long!! I'll go cry in a corner while I wait...
    xx

    ReplyDelete